Thank you for purchasing a Venturous Truck Tops Product. We offer one of the most wide-ranging warranties in the industry.
Warranty coverage begins at the date of purchase by the retail customer for a Venturous Truck Tops manufactured product installed by an authorized dealer. Coverage is valid for original purchaser and original vehicle
- Venturous Truck Tops warrants to you, the original retail purchaser of a Venturous brand fiberglass truck cap, that the body will be structurally free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as you own your cap and the original vehicle. The body includes the fiberglass shell and mounting rails only.
- Venturous Truck Tops does not guarantee a color match to your vehicle.
- Venturous Truck Tops warrants to use the OEM paint code which has variation in tones. Providing the manufacturers V.I.N. (vehicle identification number) can improve color match.
- Venturous Truck Tops warrants that the paint will not abnormally fade or peel due to material or workmanship.
- Matte Black Paint Finish has a 3-year limited warranty not to crack, flake, or bubble. (See exclusions below.)
Exterior painted finishes are subject to the following charges:
- Up to three years from the date of purchase no charges apply.
- After three years but less than five years a service charge of up to $150 applies per repair.
- After five years but less than ten years a service charge of up to $300 applies per repair. After five years the condition of a truck cover can still be repaired, however due to breakdown of the finish, the repainted cover may not have the same appearance as a brand-new cover.
- After ten years a service charge of up to $500 applies per repair. After ten years the condition of a truck cover can still be repaired, however due to extreme breakdown of the finish, the repainted cover will not have the same appearance as a brand-new cover.
- Door, windows, gas shocks, locks, lights and all other hardware components are warrantied for one year from the date of purchase.
- Glass breakage is not covered under warranty.
- Venturous Truck Tops will provide an order confirmation the same business day an order as placed.
- Customer must acknowledge, amend or correct the order and return the order confirmation to Venturous Truck Tops within 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, your right to change or modify has expired, no further changes may be made.
- Our products are custom made and are not returnable.
- Products are considered free of cosmetic scratches and blemishes upon delivery. Product issues must be noted upon delivery. Claims for scratches or other imperfections will not be accepted once delivery has been completed.
Model Exceptions to the Structure and Paint Warranty
Commercial Use vehicles carry the following warranty periods:
- Fiberglass structure: 3 years
- Paint: 3 years
- Components: 1 year
- Glass breakage is not covered under warranty.
Handling and Installation
- The Venturous Truck Tops Dealer that is handling the warranty claim may assess a handling and/or installation charge.
- The charge is at the discretion of the Venturous Truck Tops Dealer.
- The cap or tonneau cover owner is responsible for this charge.
- The installation of a Cap or Tonneau Cover may cause some wear and/or scuffing to the paint on your vehicle and is considered normal.
Exclusions from Limited Warranty
- Accessories installed by anyone other than the factory.
- Any fading or peeling of the painted surface that may result from misuse, impact, or normal wear and tear.
- Damage resulting from operating your vehicle with the cap door or tonneau open.
- Damage due to accidents, misuse, off-road driving, alterations, acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, floods, and other natural disasters, lack of proper care and maintenance or normal wear and tear. Paint wear and abrasions on the truck bed rails and elsewhere where the cap or tonneau contacts the truck is considered normal wear and tear, and is expected with the installation and use of any truck cap or tonneau; and is the sole responsibility of the pick-up truck owner.
- Improperly installed caps or tonneau.
- Glass breakage or light bulbs.
- Fit to any non-OEM surface.
- Matte Black Paint Finish is not warranted against damages to the paint finishes, scratches, or fading.
Proper Maintenance and Care Instructions
- Clean & wax all exterior surfaces a minimum of once per year.
- Clean all window and door tracks to ensure proper operation.
- Clean all rubber seals; do not use any Silicon based cleaners.
- Check all mounting clamps and hardware often to ensure tightness.
- All repairs shall be performed at the Venturous Truck Tops manufacturing facility.
- Some minor adjustments may be authorized to be done at an authorized dealer. Please contact Venturous Truck Tops Warranty department for authorization prior to any repair or adjustments.
- If a local repair is authorized, it must be registered with our Warranty department.
Proof of the Retail Purchase Date Must Be Presented at the Time Of Any Claim
- The original bill of sale will provide this proof.
Your new Venturous fiberglass truck cap must be registered to make the warranty valid.
WARNING: DO NOT OCCUPY THE TRUCK BED WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING, OR THE TRUCK IS IN MOTION. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER AND OPERATOR THAT IS ADHERED TO.
NOTE: WEIGHT CAPACITY PERTAINS EXCLUSIVELY TO THE TRUCK TOPPER. CONSULT THE MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS FOR YOUR TRUCK BED’S WEIGHT LIMIT AND REFRAIN FROM EXCEEDING THE MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDATION.
This express limited warranty is the sole and exclusive warranty provided by Venturous Truck Tops for this product. Venturous Truck Tops does not make and hereby disclaims any and all other express or implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranty of merchantability and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
CUSTOMER CARE & PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
Tips for keeping your new truck cover looking and operating like new!
In The First 30 Days:
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface. Wash truck cover by hand with cool water and mild wash solution. Be sure to use a soft cloth or sponge.
- Extreme heat and cold are to be avoided. Keep vehicle parked in the shade whenever possible.
- Avoid driving on gravel roads. Chipping the paint is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Parking under trees can be unforgiving due to dripping sap and bird droppings that have a high acid content. This will damage a freshly painted surface. Wash off as soon as possible.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the paint surface. Your snow scraper can act like a paint scraper when the finish is new. Use a soft snow brush.
- Within the first 30 days it’s a good idea to bring your Venturous truck cap back to the dealer for a checkup and adjustment. Within this time period your truck cover can settle and fasteners may need to be tightened.
In The First 90 Days:
- Do not wax or polish the vehicle – this will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
- (Do not use silicone based waxes or polishes.)
- Venturous Truck Tops is proud to offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on our products and we strive to stand behind our warranty to the best of our ability.
- While we offer a limited lifetime warranty, it is the responsibility of the consumer to provide general maintenance to their truck cover and to notify their authorized Venturous Truck Top Dealer of any paint defects in a timely fashion. Paint damage due to neglect is not covered under warranty.
- Check the tightness of the clamps holding your top every 5,000 miles and tighten any that may have vibrated loose. A good rule of thumb is to check them at every oil change.
All of us at Venturous Truck Tops truly appreciate your business!